Flower Show Rules
- Flowers must be entered on Saturday, April 8, between 7:30 AM and 10 AM. There will be one entry fee for each adult ex-hibitor of $5.00, no matter how many entries are entered; all youth entries are free.
- Competitive entries are limited to residents of Fillmore Unified School District. However, entries of residents outside of the district are welcome for exhibition and may be eligible for spe-cial awards.
- Artificial flowers and artificially colored flowers are not eligible for competition.
- All entries in competition must have been grown by the exhib-itor or by exhibitor’s family for Youth Arrangements.
- Three places will be given in competitive classes and addi-tional classes may be created. Each division winner will be eligible for rosettes and prizes.
- No containers, awards or exhibits may be removed before 3:30 PM on Sunday; cleanup will begin promptly at 3:45 p.m.
Award Ceremony, Sunday at 3PM
For questions please call: (805) 524–3021 or (805) 625–4354
Division I Single Stem Cut Roses
With at least one five leaflet leaf.
- Class A. Hybrid Tea/ Grandiflora Rose
- Class B. Floribunda / Polyantha Rose (as a spray or single rose)
- Class C. Miniature Rose
- Class D. Any Other Unlisted Rose
- Class E. Novelty Rose (with 2 inch stem to float in bowl)
- 1. Most Fragrant Rose
- 2. Largest Rose Bloom
Division II Single Stem Cut Iris
- Class A. Bearded Iris
- Class B. Spuria Iris
- Class C. Japanese Iris
Division III Other Single Stem Cut Flowers
- Class A. Orchids (as a spray or single flower)
- Class B. Lilies
- Class C. Delphinium
- Class D. Geranium/ Pelargonium
- Class E. Any Other Unlisted Flower
Division IV Bouquets
In a single vase, provided by the exhibitor, cut stem or stems of the same flower variety, or mixed colors or type of a variety, but with no filler material.
Division V Arrangements
Flower displays up to 20” x 20" with containers provided by exhibitor that may include items appropriate to the scene.
- Class A. Traditional
- Class B. Oriental Manner
- Class C. Modern Abstract (can include dried plant material)
Division VI Miniature Arrangements & Bouquets
- Class A. Not to exceed 4” X 4”
- Class B. Not to exceed 10” X 10”
Division VII Potted Plants
Single variety in a container, not too heavy to be carried by exhibitor.
- Class A. African violets
- Class B. Orchids
- Class C. Cacti and Succulents
- Class D. Other
Division VIII Dish Gardens
Limited to size and weight that can be carried by exhibitor.
Division IX Youth Arrangements
Open to any student within Fillmore area.
Flower displays limited to 20” by 20”, to be arranged at the show without adult help other then the youth show supervisor- note age on the tag. Allow enough time to finish by 10.00AM.
- Class A. Age 3 to 2nd Grade
- Class B. Grades 3 to 6
- Class C. Grades 7 to 12
- Class D. Team Arrangements
Division X Youth Composition
Original poem or short essay on single page with or without illustration on the theme of flower show: “Birds, Bugs and Beautiful Blooms”
SPECIAL NOTES FOR EXHIBITORS
- All containers for cut flowers will be furnished by the Flower Show Committee.
- Only one entry in each class for each plant or identical plant allowed.
- Roses will be grouped into named varieties, then by color, and judged as two groups.
- Irises will be grouped by color.
- Care should be taken to groom and clean flower heads and leaves and stems. Dead foliage, old blossoms and buds on single stem cut roses should be removed.
- Clearly mark containers for arrangements and bouquets with the exhibitor’s name and phone number. Please designate someone to pick up items before 4 PM on Sunday.
No responsibility will be taken by the committee for damage or loss of containers or accessories, but care and diligence will be exercised.